Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 1: Start in Salutita

 Today is the official start of my one year sabbatical from work. I have already been off for a week using up leave, and that time has been busy panning and getting ready to head off to Mexico. But today the adventure begins.


Sue was kind enough to wake up at 3.30am to drive me to the airport for my 6.40am flight to Puerto Vallarta. and she has to work today. The flight was a half hour late, but the made up the time on the way down and arrived a little after 1.30pm. Got off the plane using steps and met the glorious heat after leaving a miserable cold, wet Vancouver  winter behind.


Customs was easy. They have this system where you press a button on the way out and it randomly selects people to search. My button lit up green and I was on my way. Just as the rental agents told me there is bridge across the  road as you exit, and the bus to Sayulita arrived within 20 minutes, and an hour later I was standing in a dustly parking lot on Ave Revelocion.  Hauled my backpack a few hundred meters into town. Having seen where to go on Google Streetview it was easy to find Avalos Realty opposite Choco Banana and the town square, which is all torn up with construction at the moment.


Jorge drove up up the hill to Casa Juanita (more rental info), it is a steep climb and I am going to get my daily exercise  carrying groceries. After unpacking I headed back into town to get a quick look around and pick p a few essentials for tomorrow. Then headed back up to the Casa while it was still light so I could find my way. Made some dinner and crashed early after contacting Sue and others to let them know I had arrived safely.



No comments:

Post a Comment