Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 10: Market Day

Eight is a great time in the morning. The sun has been up for almost an hour and the day is still cool. Perfect time to go for a run and work off some of those beers. I headed straight down the hill, past Patricia's Surf Shop, on to the beach before any tourists and ran along the beach to the river, and then back to the road to Hotel Amour, up over the hill to Playa Muertes, and back along the dirt road into town.

Stopped at the bakery for some fresh bread, and picked up an iced coconut coffee from Paul at the Smoothie place, then back up the hill to cook a well deserved breakfast. What a great way to start a day.

Read my book on my deck and then around 11.30 headed back down to the Friday Farmer's Market to see what I could find. Got some organic coffee, fresh multigrain tostadas, chilli humus and sushi for dinner, and after wandering around town for photos, headed back to the casa to relax and read.

This is the last day for my neighbors Lorna and Ted, and I invited them over for drinks and appies, and had a wonderful time hearing of their travel adventures.

There is a shy iguana in the tree outside the casa, and I managed to catch this photo of him. Will keep trying for a better one.



No comments:

Post a Comment