Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 17: Moving Day

Woke to an overcast day and a surprise. Ramona came to clean up the apartment and with a lot of arm waving a few words of Spanglish I understood that I was moving to the upper apartment one day early. Juanita, the owner who lives downstairs, was too pre-occupied with her animal shelter duties to remember to tell me.

I had arranged with David to stop by after 1pm to do a photo shoot of the Ixpan unit before a change of guests, so the timing for switching apartments actually worked out well, especially since the day was cloudy and cool.

Rooftop terrace at Xocotla
After moving everything upstairs I went and had a few beers with David on their rooftop terrace with a killer view over the bay.

Then went over some basic uses of Google calendar that I am proposing to build into their website to manage their bookings.

He is a real computer-phobe and was a really good sport about it. He first told me that using the calendars was never going to happen, but after a while I think he came around and saw the advantages. Time will tell.

Wandered down the hill to pick up half a chicken from my ladies who bbq on the road, and then back to my new apartment where I went straight up to the rooftop terrace and enjoyed the dying light of the day reading. Definitely going to work on my all-over tan up here.

Then back to updating the Xocotla website with the new photos for David to review tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment