Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 12: Opportunities

The day started off overcast and cool, so I thought I would catch up on some accounting support for Sue that I had promised. It helped sitting out on the deck instead of in an office. By 2pm I had had a great breakfast, but enough of categorizing expenses, and the sun was starting to show itself, so I headed out for a walk with my camera to see what presented itself.

The first was the elusive lizard that lives in a crack in the tree in the middle of the road below where I stay. He was fully out of his hole sunning himself on the side of the tree, and I managed some photos of him before he scuttled back inside.

On the way down the hill I bumped into David walking his dog. David and Michael own the Oxoctla Apartments down the road from me. David invited me for a beer on the beach and I said I would join him after I had walked the town a bit for some exercise.

I found him on the beach, and got taking about the apartment building that they own and live in. Sounds fantastic, and made loose arrangements for me to see them in the next while.

Love the name of their place - Xocotla ( pronounced Sho- Cot-La) - which is a native word that means something like fruit trees that are plentiful.  Asked if they had registered the domain name xocotla.com, and they have, but have not done anything with it. So after we were done, and I had stocked up on fresh bread from the bakery, I headed back and put a quick website mock-up of their place for them. Within no time David emailed me back that he is interested, so we will see if we can barter a website and domain management for a couple of weeks at their apartment sometime in the future.

Also managed to Skype by voice with Claire Prudhomme, who I knew from Montreal days, and who found me through one of the books I have published. Wonderful to catch up after 30 years, and she still sounds the same!

Talked to Sue who spent the day with Patty and Teresa visiting Gambier Island to see how their house construction is going. Will be interesting to go over to the island and see the progress when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment