Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 36: Moving to Villas Chulavista

Up early and after packing up all my stuff I headed down for breakfast at my favorite place, Panino's, but it is closed today because they are laying the concrete for the new sidewalk outside. Should be done by tomorrow, and it will be nice to have the tables outside on wide even ground at last.

Headed over to El Expresso for a leisurely breakfast reading a new book by Erik Larson called Isaac's Storm. Have read two of his books down here both of which I highly recommend: Thunderstruck, and The Devil in the White City. These are non-fiction that each combine two or more interesting story-lines that intersect in unexpected ways, and his ability to paint the period in time in words is masterful.

Villas Chulavista Unit 5
After killing a couple of hours I stopped by Villas Chulavista to check that I could extend my stay for yet another week until March 21. This time Janet, a friend of ours, is going to fly down to join me for a little over a week, and since it is now snowing in Vancouver I was easily convinced to stay a little longer.

The place is available, and I have changed my flight, said adios to Ramona who had cleaned my place for the five weeks I was there in the two apartments, and hauled my bags and groceries the 50 meters around the corner to my new apartment in stages.

At Villas Chulavista (Cool View) I have the owner's top unit numero 5, which has two bedrooms each with it's own en-suite bathroom, a central kitchen and living area under a high thatched roof that is open to the elements, and a sweeping view of the north side of the bay.

This means it will be a little cooler in the morning, but the bedrooms can each be closed off if it is too cool. OK, so I have gone native: cool is around 15C.

As I was moving I met the new people in unit 2 at Casa Juanita, they are from BC and we have arranged to go to dinner at Don Chow's tonight.

Oh, and I finally managed to get a numero uno haircut.


No comments:

Post a Comment